Saturday, December 15, 2007

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams Tour

I was late to the party on Neil Young. Growing up I always thought the voice was odd, hard to let in, and the tunes never really seemed to make their mark on me. It wasn't until after the release of HARVEST MOON and the backdrop of college that I finally began to see the light, and when I finally saw him live with Crazy Horse around 2003's Greendale tour I had fully drank the kool-aid. From there its been a deep-dive of appreciation and wonder combing through what this 40-year recording career has to offer.
I now own almost every album, dozens of bootlegs, read SHAKEY, and have seen 5 or 6 shows. Last evenings half-acoustic/half-electric set at this new NYC venue left me speechless. The beauty of the slow tunes, the power of the fast ones, I couldn't think of a better show to close out this year with.

3 comments:

Repo Man said...

complete. master.

Anonymous said...

I saw his show at the tower in philly on 12/9. Never miss hima nd never will. He plaed a set with Ben Keith on the steel guitar and there was one song I did not recognize butI loved it. Can anyone send me a song list from this tour ? I'll love you forever.

nd8826@aol.com Thanks

Will Farnan said...

Hi, a great source for all NY setlists is here:

http://www.sugarmtn.org/

Enjoy - Will