Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Amidst the clamor of promotional and marketing opportunities afforded in the digital age, the conventional methods of artist marketing still apply.
Case in point, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. In review of what's shaping up to be a very exciting 2008 summer concert season I noticed that this band will be opening for The Black Crowes, Gov't Mule and the Dave Matthews Band this year. This endorsement was enough to make me want to listen and after only a few minutes on the band's website I've picked up the album. Click "media" to hear full-length streams from their latest album, This Is Somewhere.
Great tracks here.
Funny how once you join the club word-of-mouth also seems to come your way. Since getting the record my brother sent me an unprompted email telling me to check them out and I overheard 2 dudes on the 6 train talking about them. This is the process people. Will be interesting to see what happens with these guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points about GPN. For all the word of mouth you'll likely need check out my GPN blog

This Is Somewhereco

Will Farnan said...

cool blog, definitely some great momentuum with this band and deservedly so. the album keeps getting better and hope to see them live soon!