Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back Door Slam

After a brief hiatus and trip down to Austin City Limits, we're back here at FM. Thanks for your emails and music recommendations over the past month, and Ron in Minnesota I hear you bro and will post some more of my Dylan favorites shortly.

So I've got a new find to share, an act I caught down in Austin and literally was blown away by. Thought it could have been the 90 degree dead heat that was making me dizzy but no, this BACK DOOR SLAM is scary good. A UK-based trio fronted by Davy Knowles, an incredibly precocious chap who plays like he's on fire and sounds like he's a 45 and lived a hard lifetime already. Playing the kind of dirty blues that always sounds best live, I urge you to check them out when they come through your town. Props to the Geisenpatch for pulling me over to see this band.

No comments: