Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jack Johnson Does It Again

I've really enjoyed Jack Johnson's previous 3 albums, I mean how can you not appreciate the mellow vibes and good-time sensibility. Last week I picked up the new album, SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC, started to explore but wasn't really blown away at first. Until last weekend, when I heard "Go On".
Somehow he finds a way to deliver 1 or 2 songs on each album that are truly exceptional, hitting you hard both musically and lyrically and giving you that incredibly powerful feel. So simple, so good...I've been playing this over and over and over....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. There is something so sublime about listening to JJ...it's almost better to put an album of his on a loop and take away a whole morning just letting it wash over you.