Sunday, April 20, 2008

Live At Massey Hall

When Neil Young released LIVE AT MASSEY HALL last year I spent a few straight weeks listening. On this tour he was debuting the material from HARVEST to the public for the first time, before these songs became bona fide classics.
Imagine seeing one of these shows, witnessing Neil's transformation from noted Buffalo Springfield collaborator to one of the most important recording artists of all-time. This record contains it all and is a must-own for its stunning document of this incredible tour. On it you'll hear classics like this, one of my all-time favs. The mood, the heaviness - check out Neil's delivery of the chorus, around the 1:55 mark. The jedi-like force of this lanky, longhaired Canadian; you've got to be kidding me here. I'll be playing this album all day today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wilhelm. Great album and great song choice which enticed me to buy this album.